Delve into any picture database and you’ll soon discover there is a giant market out there for people feeling all sorts of emotions towards their phones.
Perhaps they’re reliving a suppressed childhood memory, perhaps they’re questioning a career choice as a stock photo model.
Or perhaps they’re remembering exactly what it’s like to spend £500 on a phone to have it die after a mere two-hours of constant Instagram scrolling.
If so, we reckon they’ve got the whole ordeal pretty spot on…
1. When you have a long day of phone-using ahead of you, but for some reason you can’t stop looking through your mate’s sister’s, best friend’s, cousin’s Facebook album.
Ahh ‘Corfu ’06’
2. When you see your casual Internet stalking has just drained a third of your battery in 10 minutes.
3. When you fall below 50% and realise you don’t have a charger with you.
4. When you find out no one else around you has a charger either.
5. When you turn your brightness down to conserve battery, then can’t really see anything.
6. When you’re on 1% and there’s nothing to save you…
7. Then it finally dies.
Goodbye, sweet social life
8. Or, even worse, when it dies on 5% when you’re mid-sending a text.
9. When you realise your entire evening plans are ruined because you can’t get hold of anyone.
What could this man POSSIBLY be so angry about?
10. When you have to use a land line instead.
11. When everyone else around you is on their phones, and you’re just sitting there like…
12. When someone tells you their smartphone’s battery actually lasts for three days.
The classic ‘businessman punching his phone’ photo
13. But then you realise not obsessively checking your emails every five minutes is actually quite freeing…
15. And you seem to be having actual conversations with real people around you…
Friend. Thumbs-up friend.
16. Smartphone who?
Be free, stock photo people!
This August we’re running a Digital Detox campaign, where we’re championing switching off, spending more time with our loved ones and being more mindful around technology. From inspirational interviews to how it can massively improve your life, we hope to inspire everyone to get out there and reconnect with the world. If you’d like to contribute email uklifestyle@Aligninghealthcare.com or tag us on social media using the hashtag #HPDigital Detox